This is the right rear inner beam, from the inside.
I have removed the remains of the floor section to allow an easy access to this problem area.
Somehow it seems that the right side is in a better condition than the left was.
|All fixed, and a new floor panel in place.|
Here I have removed an old floor patch, which reveals another patch, inside the box section, fixed with screws.
The size of the patch made me slightly nervous...
But with the patch removed I saw there was less damage than on the left side.
The patch hadn't been sealed so water coming into the box section had resulted in some surface rust, but nothing serious.
To get at a rot spot where the rear wall was connected to the inner beam I had to cut away some good metal, but
that is often the case. Rust is many times difficult to access without first removing something that is OK.
NOTE: ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE FUEL LINES WHEN CUTTING AND WELDING IN THIS AREA.
Otherwise you might get a nice little fire!!
|Heeey... Somebody has been living here!|
|All rust cut away.|
|New bolt holes for the mounting block.|
|The beam is sealed and ready for use... almost.|
|Some repairs were necessary on the inside|
Last revision 2002-04-02